Before your scroll down, take a quick guess. How many colors do you think a diamond comes in?
1? 2? 5? 20? (Leave your answer in the comment section)
Ans: The white diamond isn’t the only natural occurring diamond. Check out this colored diamond chart (also called fancy diamonds) to see the many colors of this gemstone.
The name diamond is derived from the Greek word adamas, which means invincible. Diamonds, are traditionally linked to love endure forever because of its eternal strength.
Although traditional colorless or ‘white diamonds’ are by far the most popular colored diamonds, yellow and brown diamonds are actually the most commonly occurring diamonds with red diamonds the rarest gemstones in the world. Its red color is caused by minute defects formed in the crystal structure.
Caring For Your Diamonds
- Diamonds require very little maintenance. They can be wiped clean using plain soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Ultrasonic cleaners are generally considered safe, but always take care when using it especially with fragile settings.
- Avoid harsh chemicals when cleaning diamond jewelry.
- Always store your diamonds separately and away from other gems and jewelry, including other diamonds. If possible, wrap them individually in soft cloth or place them inside a fabric-lined jewelry box.
- Always remove diamonds and diamond jewelry before playing sports, exercising or performing harsh household tasks.
- Be careful when removing jewelry. Do not pull from the stone.
Do you own a fancy diamond? What color is it?