Do this: in moments when you’re alone with your thoughts-when you’re driving your car or eating alone-recall pleasant, positive experiences. Put good thoughts in your memory bank. This boosts confIdence. It gives you that “I-sure-feel good” feeling. It helps keep your body functioning right, too. Also just before you go to sleep,
- deposit good thoughts in your memory bank.
- Count your blessings.
- Recall the many good things you have to be thankful for: your wife or husband, your children, your friends, your health.
- Recall the good things you saw people do today.
- Recall your little victories and accomplishments.
- Go over the reasons why you are glad to be alive.
These actions build a memory bank to successful thinking that help you stay motivated when times get tough.
Take the challenge, what do you have to lose?